Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Adobo Chicken

One of my best friends in Hawaii Jennifer sent me this recipe. I have not made it yet but she has millions of times and therefore I bugged her to death to send me the recipe to share it with all of you! I have tasted it and love this Filipino dish. Actually my favorite Filipino dish! You don't have to just use chicken wings you can mix with other chicken parts.
CHICKEN ADOBO RECIPE:
Non Stick 2-3 quarts Pan15 Pieces of Chicken Wings1 table spoon Olive Oil or Any oil
3/8 cup Shoyu,
1/4 cup Vinegar,
Garlic 4-5 Cloves Garlic diced,
1/4 Onion cut into squares
Dash of Ground Pepper to your liking

1. Fill Pan with water 3/4 full. Boil Chicken Wings for 30 mins if Frozen. 10 min high heat, then reduce to medium heat (If not frozen, 15-20 min until tender)
2. Save 3/4 cup of Chicken Broth in the Pan with boiled chicken. Dump the rest
3. Next add 3/8 cup Shoyu, add 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 table spoon oil, dash ground pepper (Boil for another 6-8 min)
4. add diced garlic, then the onions. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
You're done!Best to eat the soup with RICE!!! Enjoy

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yummm!! I love recipe postings, don't you?

alicesg said...

Looked very yummy. Interesting to try out different culture food.